Wreck diving can be one of the most exciting aspects of sport diving, however every effort must be made to maximize safe diving techniques. The SDI Wreck Diver Course will discuss the equipment and techniques commonly employed while wreck diving. This course may be taught as a non-penetration, 2 dives required, or as a limited-penetration course, requiring 3 dives. Limited-penetration is defined as a swim through or within the ambient light of entry point.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 15 for limited penetration course with parental consent
- Minimum age 10 with parental consent for a non-penetration course
- Junior Open Water Divers may not participate in any penetration activities or dives deeper than 18 meters/60 feet
- Divers must have a deep diver specialty certification or be able to provide proof of experience in order to dive deeper than 18 meters/60 feet in this course
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course graduates may:
- Dive wrecks that are similar to the type of wrecks they were exposed to during training
- Plan and execute a wreck dive
Also, the SDI Wreck Diver certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Open Water Diver program.
This course can be run in accordance with any of our Open Water Scuba sessions. Classes are available monthly so contact the shop and we'll establish a date that works with you.
Are you excited to start your adventure? Please fill out all of the fields below and one of our staff will contact you within 48hrs to discuss the program and setup an orientation date.
We're happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this course. Please fill out all of the fields below and one of our staff will contact shortly with the answers you seek.