The SDI Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification. During the course you will learn how to work with divers, lead certified divers, and act as a dive guide showing divers underwater dive sites and the marine life that inhabits those dives sites. You will increase your knowledge about physics and physiology as well as increase your proficiency with your scuba and snorkeling skills.
- Minimum age 18
- Certified SDI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night and limited visibility specialties
- Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider (where local law permits)*
- Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives
*Note: SDI CPROX, CPR1st or CPROX1stAED courses may be combined with the SDI Divemaster program by qualified instructors
Required skills you will have to demonstrate:
- 800 metre swim with mask, snorkel, and fins non-stop without the use of arms in less than 17 minutes
- 400 metre swim on the surface, non-stop, any stroke, without the use of swimming aids, in less than 10 minutes; swim goggles permitted
- Scuba skills – minimum equipment: all equipment required for a SDI Dive Leader
- Bring a diver, simulating unconsciousness, up from depth, not greater than 6 metres/20 feet; at the surface swim them 100 metres in less than 4 minutes
- Confined water skills
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may:
- Assist an active SDI Instructor during approved diving courses provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior training
- Supervise and conduct dives for certified divers, provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior experience and training
SDI Divemaster Diver minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Divemaster written examination, or online version with a minimum score of 80 percent and 100 percent remediation
- Complete all water requirements
- Demonstrate to an active SDI Instructor the ability to solve in-water and out-of-water diver problems
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Operate as a Divemaster in a wide variety of environments
If you are interested in furthering your skills please view this Pathway document!
This course can be run in accordance with any of our Open Water Scuba sessions. Classes are available monthly so contact the shop and we'll establish a date that works with you.
Are you excited to start your adventure? Please fill out all of the fields below and one of our staff will contact you within 48hrs to discuss the program and setup an orientation date.
We're happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this course. Please fill out all of the fields below and one of our staff will contact shortly with the answers you seek.