Night / Limited Visibility
Many divers find that night diving is their favorite type of diving. As with all specialty diving applications, procedures are different than those associated with open water diving. The purpose of this course is to acquaint the open water diver with the procedures, techniques, and potential hazards associated with diving at night, or in limited visibility. Becoming familiar with the use of dive lights, and night diving techniques such as navigation, buddy system procedures, communications, buoyancy control, and interacting with nocturnal aquatic life, the diver can safely enjoy night diving.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18 , 10 with parental consent
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course graduates may:
- Dive at night and in limited visibility conditions they were exposed to during training
- Plan and execute a night and low visibility dives
Also, the SDI Night/Limited Visibility Diver Certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development Program
SDI Night/Limited Visibility Diver minimum requirements:
- Plan dive
- Safety procedures
- Enter and descent
- Remain submerged at least 20 minutes
- Change direction several times while maintaining proper navigation
- Two minute swim without compass
- Surface and reorient
- Descend and navigate
- Use properly; underwater light, submersible pressure gauge, compass, depth gauge, and computer
- Maintain buddy contact throughout dive
- Log dive
If you are interested in furthering your scuba skills please view this pathway document! Pathway Doc
Specialty Medley : November 11th – 13th
Location: Sunrise Dive Resort
Call or Email to sign up!
Are you excited to start your adventure? Please fill out all of the fields below and one of our staff will contact you within 48hrs to discuss the program and setup an orientation date.
We're happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this course. Please fill out all of the fields below and one of our staff will contact shortly with the answers you seek.